Our Free Tenner Challenge is back!
Registration for the Young Enterprise Tenner Challenge has now opened! This free nationwide competition gives students, up to and including the age of 19, one month and just £10 to start a business, developing key skills they cannot learn from a textbook along the way.
What is Tenner?
Tenner is a national challenge for students aged 11 to 19 years which helps to provide key skills to secure a job or start up a business, adding both value and employability context to the academic curriculum.
It provides a highly interactive way for students to develop employability skills and aims to significantly improve positive progression to employment, education or training, thereby helping to raise young people's aspirations.
Students are pledged £10 and have one month to set up a business - coming up with an idea of a product or service they can sell and gain first-hand experience of what it's like to be an entrepreneur.
How does it work?
- Here's a Tenner: Each business is pledged £10 from the Tenner Bank.
- Get started: Participants use this start-up capital to get their business off the ground, working alone or in a group.
- Keep it going: Young people have four weeks to make as much profit as they can from their Tenner while also aiming to create a social impact. There will be weekly competitions to keep them engaged, incentivised and motivated.
- Keep the profit: Students are in full control of any profit they make and decide what to spend this on. They might donate their profit to charity or local cause, resources or activities for college, or a day out.
- Payback for the future: At the end of Tenner, students enter the National Competition and pay back their £10 pledge plus a £1 legacy donation to enable Young Enterprise to support even more young people next year.
The Young Enterprise Tenner Challenge is a FREE nationwide enterprise programme available to young people from 11-19 years.
The Challenge runs for 4 weeks from Monday 27 February to Friday 24 March 2017. Click here to register!