The Mythical Millennial: Managing a Changing Workforce
This event has already occurred
Wednesday, 3rd July 2019, 10:30am – 3:30pm
Workplaces are facing a changing landscape in terms of employment and hiring talent. An ageing population means more generations working together than before, all whilst more young, future employees enter the workforce looking for the perfect job.
Brought to you by Young Scot and Developing the Young Workforce (DYW), this free one-day event will address the changing narrative of employment in Scotland and offers an opportunity to 'reset' the relationship between employers, other employees and young people. It will look at the challenges, opportunities and change required to build a fully developed future workforce in Scotland.
- Jamie Hepburn, Minister for Fair Work, Business & Skills
- Elma Murray, Chair of Young Scot and member of the DYW National Advisory Group
- Graham Robertson, Development Director of Project Scotland and Proposed Development Director for PS Enterprise
- Steve Petrie, Balfour Beatty & Chair of DYW North East and Bethany Welsh, Apprentice Civil Engineer with Balfour Beatty
- Workshops including sessions lead by CIPD, Balfour Beatty, Standard Life Aberdeen and more.
- An expert panel made up of representatives including Shirley Rogers, NHS Scotland, Charandeep Singh, Scottish Chambers of Commerce
More to be announced...