As a Programme Executive in the Edinburgh area, James provides students with resources to start their own business, or gain the skills needed to work in a modern business.
Having spent almost a decade working for one of the UK's largest banks and then moving on to support young people from across the UK and Africa to learn about starting and growing a sustainable business, James is well placed to support students with questions about finance, marketing and branding.
James is passionate about sustainable and ethical business practices after working with businesses in Africa and hopes to encourage students to consider how their business ideas could have a positive impact on their local community and the environment.
James is currently leading on the Bridge 2 Business Equalities Project across Scotland, supporting Young Enterprise Scotland's strategic aim of "Enterprise for All".
When James isn't working with Bridge 2 Business, you can find him cycling, climbing a munro or completing freelance marketing and communications work for ethical brands.
James is responsible for delivering Bridge 2 Business at the following colleges:
- • Borders College - Business Development Unit Edinburgh
- • Borders College - Centre For Business Development
- • Borders College - Galashiels
- • Borders College - Hawick
- • Borders College - Jedburgh Community Learning Facility
- • Borders College - Newton St Boswells
- • Borders College - Tweedbank
- • Edinburgh College - Granton
- • Edinburgh College - Milton Road
- • Edinburgh College - Sighthill
- • Edinburgh College — Dalkeith