Social Innovation Competition Applications OPEN!
The Social Innovation Competition 2019 Is Open For Applications!
Now in its fourth year, the Social Innovation Competition is looking to discover and support groundbreaking ideas that tackle Scotland's most pressing social and environmental issues.
The theme of this year's competition is Individuals affected by disability. We are looking for innovative ideas and solutions that support individuals directly affected by disability, as well as those indirectly affected, such as carers and family members.
The Social Innovation Competition offers three £5000 awards - including the Young Social Innovator category open to applicants aged 16 to 30 - combined with tailored support to refine and develop these ideas.
What do we mean by disability?
Firstport define disability as set out in the Equalities Act 2010: A physical or mental impairment which has a substantial and long-term adverse effect on a person's ability to carry out normal day-to-day activities.
What they are looking for:
Applications that involve innovative ideas and solutions to problems encountered by individuals affected by disability (directly or indirectly). This could be through giving them access to new opportunities, helping them to overcome barriers and inequalities, or improving their quality of life.The idea may be at a very early stage or may have already done some early testing/trading but it must demonstrate the potential to create significant, lasting social impact.
- Applicants must be aged 16 or over and permanently resident in Scotland
What you can get:
- Firstport have three £5000 awards up for grabs!
- Tailored business support to help you develop and get your idea off the ground
- Social entrepreneurs and innovators are already tackling the issues surrounding disability in clever and creative ways. If you have an idea, and are not sure if this right for you, or need start up support before applying, please get in touch with us at Bridge 2 Business via our interactive map on the homepage, or emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Applications Open: Monday 2nd July
Applications Close: Monday 16 September, 12 noon.
Winners Announced: November 2019
How to apply?
Complete the application form by following this link.
You will need to: - Check our eligibility criteria
- Complete all sections of the application form
- Record and submit a two-minute video explaining your idea and what - you hope to achieve
- Submit your application before the deadline
- You will receive an acknowledgment email soon after submitting your application form.